What's life without color


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Manipuri dancers


Manipuri dancers
Acrylic on canvas. Original concept and painting. 
© Sanjeev Nandan 

2 ft height x 4 ft width x 7/8 inch
Date: Nov 2009


My current theme is dance and music. This painting is based on an Indian classical dance from Manipur, a state in north-eastern India. The costume is amazingly beautiful and interesting at the same time. Manipuri dancers move their body, feet and facial expressions in a subtle manner very gracefully much like a devotional prayer.

This painting took approximately 4 weeks to complete, right from conception to execution. The original sketch was on paper which I quickly transferred to computer. Using simple digital techniques and tools, I applied a color scheme. Once I was satisfied with the digital representation I moved on to painting it.


No comments: